Monday 16 January 2012

A little bit of sunshine....

I normally like to wind my skeins by hand, partly because I like to know if these are any slubby bits or knots and partly because there's no easy place to set up my ball winder and swift.


Last week I had quite a few skeins which needed winding and not a lot of time so I decided to get the winder out - everyone (children and adults alike) was fascinated by it and there was much arguing about whose turn it was and who was winding the quickest, they made short work of my pile of skeins:


DSC03299


Most of these are for socks but that rather fabulous yellow on the end is for my Angostura, a perfect pattern for relaxing knitting, yellow is my current colour obsession and the lovely Jeni at Fyberspates dyed this Scrumptious DK for me in this oh so cheerful shade - just what I need at this rather grey time of year:


DSC03300


I'm on the look out for the perfect black or grey dress or skirt to wear with it...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun colors and a great mix.
    Your vest is coming out awesome!

    ReplyDelete