Thursday 29 September 2011

Ta Da! (Finished)

I've finally finished my Portland Gussets!

 I started them nearly a year ago, I finished one sock fairly quickly then put them down, picked them up and put them down again (I blogged about them here and here) and after a few knit nights they are done!


DSC02857


I'm not a big fan of toe-up socks, I much prefer cuff-down but I made an exception for this beautiful and clever pattern by Yarnissima. The yarn is Three Irish Girls Springvale Sock and I love it. A LOT. It's a bit thicker than the usual sock yarn so knit at my usual gauge it makes a robust fabric which will wear well and be very warm. The colour is Smoke and Mirrors, it's a smoky petrol blue which is an exclusive club colourway and got lots of compliments wherever the sock and I travelled.


I'm glad these are off the needles - I was running out of 2.5mm 80cm circs and I like to have few free pairs in case of emergencies.....

1 comment:

  1. Cool socks; like how those diagonals are running down. Very awesome colorway used. Great work.

    ReplyDelete