Tuesday 14 June 2011

Festival!



This weekend I visited the Isle of Wight Festival



A lovely time was had by all!



My musical highlights were Lissie, Chase and Status, Maverick Sabre, Hurts and of course the mighty Foo Fighters



The weather left a bit to be desired, it was sunny but windy on Friday and Saturday and very, very, very wet on Sunday. It could have been a lot worse but it was COLD at night. And I was woefully underprepared for the cold. Next year I will be taking blankets, thick socks, jumpers, scarfs and gloves - and if I do remember to take all this you can bet it will be hot and sunny....

We stayed in a PodPad, a kind of garden shed type thingy with bunk beds, it was cozy and convenient and I don't think I could go back to normal camping now, especially because it comes with access to a hot shower and I saw the queue for the normal campsite toilets on Sunday morning.....



On Sunday I escaped the rain for a few hours and went to visit Joy, the Knitting Goddess. We made woolly plans (all will be revealed shortly) and ate cake, in the warm, watching the rain and the wind and the sea, it was lovely!

Thanks to my sister for taking me and Joy and Bobbie for the the lovely cake and lunch!

There was knitting, it was Worldwide Knit in Public day on Saturday, I knit in public all the time but it's the intent that counts! I shall show you the knitting tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment