Tuesday 17 May 2011

Best Intentions....

I have been thinking a lot about knitting garments lately, like actual jumpers and cardigans (and dresses - but even I'm not delusional enough to think I'll finish a knitted dress anytime soon!) and not just socks, hats and mittens. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE knitting socks and I'm really busy designing them at the moment which I'm really happy about but I see the lovely things that Saz and Mooncalf produce and there's a small part of me which keeps internally nagging me to knit big scary garments

What I should do is finish one of the 3 garments I've already started. I should, but I'm not going to. I have considered this carefully but one of them is an Aidez, which is in chunky wool, not ideal for the impending summer months. One is a Hey Teach, this is finished except for the seaming but......... I don't like it. And I won't wear it. I love the yarn, it's Rowan Summer Tweed in a lovely rusty brown colour, but I just don't like the combination of this yarn and pattern, so I'm going to rip it out and use the yarn for a Hawthorne Wrap. The last one is a Jada Shrug, I haven't got a good excuse for ignoring this one, it's in a lovely linen yarn and I will definitely wear it, but I want to start something new, don't tell the knitting police........

This is what I'm going to make...

DSC02319

It's The Jan Sweater from A Stitch in Time 2, the book isn't out yet but I got the pattern with my copy of The Knitter this week and I LOVE it, I can't stop thinking about it. In my stash I found 6 balls of Rowan Pure Wool 4ply which were the subscriber gift a few years ago, the colour is Eau de Nil, its a slightly greeny blue.

I'm casting on tonight, this time I will finish a garment..........probably

3 comments:

  1. If I had the right yarn around, I definitely would have dropped everything and cast on for Jan. The sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I love that sweater!! It's going to look great in that color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise I wasn't following your blog. Well, fixed that now.

    That is a lovely pattern and well worth investing the time as it will be wearable for so many seasons. Keep us up to date with your progress!

    ReplyDelete