Monday 27 December 2010

Bella's Truck Socks

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, I did - my loved ones seem to be learning that if my gifts are yarn I will be happy, it has taken them 2 years to get this far but we are definitely moving in the right direction! I recieved 10 balls of Noro Kureyon in a lovely blue, green and purple colourway and some chunky yarn which is destined to be a hat and mittens.

These are the latest socks from the When Vampires Knit Socks club - Bella's Truck Socks




These socks are inspired by the truck Charlie gives to Bella on her return to Forks. The truck is old and does not go fast, but it is reliable (unless Edward is trying to prevent Bella from going somewhere) and it becomes almost like a friend throughout the first three books, constant and comforting, until it is replaced by Edward at the beginning of the fourth. The truck was once red but over the decades it has faded, in some places more than others. The socks have tyre tracks running from the cuff, down the leg and across the foot. Around the rest of the leg is a diamond pattern inspired by the snow chains Charlie fits to the truck.

The club is open for sign ups here, sign ups will close next week so if you would like to join (and I hope you will!) don't hang around - we've got some exciting yarns and patterns planned, it's going to be great fun

No comments:

Post a Comment